Bima kwa Wanafunzi
NHIF offers health insurance services to students of higher or any other learning institutions. A student who is a member of NHIF will access medical services with his/her card at any health facility certified by the Fund throughout Tanzania.
Students with NHIF membership cards as dependents from their parents or any other arrangement do not need to register under this category. Such students will be required to submit their membership ID’s to NHIF’s office for confirmation.
Students will be required to follow the following procedures:-
- The learning institution has to apply and be registered to the Fund.
- All students have to be registered through their respective institutions.
- All students have to fill NHIF student’s registration form or apply online through Online Students Registration portal.
- Forms shall be attached with one (1) recent colored passport size photo.
- Dully filled forms should be submitted to NHIF offices
- For the learning institutions which are not registered with the Fund, the students may apply for membership in groups of not less than 50 students. All other requirements remain the same.
The learning institution will be responsible to collect students’ annual contributions at the beginning of every academic year and submit the same to the Fund. The contribution per each student is TZS 50,400/-.
Cessation of Membership
Student’s membership will cease when the following circumstances occur :-
- Graduating from the institution
Students will be required to surrender their IDs to their respective institution or NHIF offices immediately after cessation of their membership.