Taratibu za Kusajili Vituo
CERTIFICATION OF HEALTH FACILITIES
NHIF certifies health facilities to offer services to its beneficiaries. The following are pre-requisite requirements for certification:-
- The facility has to be registered by the Ministry responsible for health matters in Tanzania mainland or Zanzibar.
- The facility will be certified basing on the category and standards set by the Ministry of Health,
- The facility has to accept and observe the existing payment system adopted by the Fund,
- The facility has to comply with all procedures set by the Fund regarding service provision, claiming and verification.
- All applications should be submitted in writing to NHIF Regional Offices
REASONS FOR DECERTIFICATION OF A HEALTH FACILITY
A facility may be decertified due to the following reasons:
- Non adherence to guidelines provided as per protocols issued by the Ministry responsible for health matters;
- Failure to provide service according to terms and conditions of the Agreement in the required standards;
- De-accreditation by the Ministry responsible for health matters or regulatory authority under the Ministry.