Health Insurance For Mutual Groups
NHIF provides an opportunity for private groups of entrepreneurs in various sectors of the economy to register their group members with their dependents. Since the commencement of the Fund in 2001, it has been expanding its coverage with the aim of attaining the National goal of health insurance for all.
KIKOA is a health insurance scheme for groups in the informal sector e.g. VIBINDO, SACCOS, AMCOS, VIKOBA and special groups of registered entrepreneurs like motor cycle drivers (boda boda), food vendors or any other entrepreneurial group of members not less than 20. For KIKOA agents, the minimum number of members to be registered is 100.
For a group to be registerd by the Fund it must have been in existence for period of not less than six months.
A member of KIKOA has an opportunity of registering his/her spouse and four other legally recognized dependents as per NHIF regulations.
- Application letter. This should be accompanied by the registration certificate, Constitution, list of all members (member’s database) and TIN Number Certificate.
- Fill out special forms provided by the Fund
- Sign an agreement with the Fund.
- All Members of the group will fill out NHIF Registration Forms with their personal information and attach the required documents for dependants if applicable.
- The leaders will be responsible for collecting contributions of the NHIF registered members and submitting them to NHIF
- All registered members will be issued with NHIF Identity Card which will be used throughout the year.
Members of KIKOA contribute TZS 76,800 per person on a yearly basis and areissued with NHIF membership ID cards to be used for medical treatment in over 6,000 accredited Health facilities registered by NHIF in the country.
Cessation of Membership
- Card expiry, membership has to be renewed yearly.
- If a member violates the rules and regulation of the Fund.